Losing weight is a top concern for almost everyone. Being fit and healthy is not only becoming a common way of life, but is also becoming an important part of everyday proceedings. Gyms are now popping up left, right and center and all of them seem to be always crowded with people. Several diet plans have been introduced, supplements made available and exercises devised just so that people can get in shape and lose weight.
However, the problem I faced with so many options was that it made my life more confusing. The reason being, that with so many options, one does not really know which option is right or which is better and even if one starts trying out one workout, the other one your friend is talking about always seems better and more effective.
If you are now involved in a similar dilemma that I was involved in, I have a solution for you. Man Makers is an exercise which may sound ridiculous, but is something that is really effective. And don’t be fooled, the exercise has nothing to do with the name. I guess it is only named because it is an exercise that is really difficult and is more challenging than the average weight loss exercises advertised all over the internet. However, no need to panic and run in despair. With a couple of days of practice and lots of patience, you would be able to perform the exercise with ease.
So What Is The Man Makers Exercise?
It is a combination of pushups, squats, jump and thrusts. This exercise will require the use of dumbbells so make sure you perform this in the gym or if you have dumbbells at home, that is just great. Now to perform this exercise:
- Grab two dumbbells and position yourself as if you are about to do a pushup. Remember, the dumbbells have to be in your hands at this time.
- Do one complete push-up.
- Then, staying in that position, raise one arm as if doing a bicep curl. Return the arm to the floor and then raise the other arm. If you want to make the exercise harder, you can even include another pushup in between the two raises.
- Jump with your feet so as to get them in a position near your hands and the dumbbells like a thrust.
- Now move your weight to your feet and lift the dumbbells as you do so. Squat back down and then move the dumbbells upwards. Move them upwards as if doing a press. This part focuses on the legs and is somewhat similar to squats, at the same time improving the upper arm strength.
- Return to the pushup position and repeat.
Kelvin wears many hats in the fitness and health industry. He believes in a practical, flexible and sustainable approach to bodybuilding. Initially Kelvin had started bodybuilding as a hobby which turned into passion and later, a successful career. He shares his expertise on strength training and body building to help the GFY community.
Leave a comment