Are you within your ideal body weight but still unhappy about the way your body looks? Maybe because when you look in the mirror; you see flabs in your arms, a sag in your butt or a bump in your midsection? Don’t worry; you are one of the many women out there who wants curves to show and show them in the right places.
More than attaining ideal body weight, women want to appear svelte and lean; have the curves to wear those body-hugging dresses; feel and look sexy by having those most coveted body statistics. The way to achieve this is through toning exercises targeted at areas of the body that accumulate fats. If you don’t have the time or the budget for a gym membership, these at home toning exercise routines are just for you!
- Crunches – Crunches tone the abdominal muscles. There are many variations to this exercise including those performed with an exercise ball for leg support.
- Sit-Ups – Another type of exercise that target the tummy. Sit-ups can be done with arms behind the head, at the sides or folded across the abdomen. Whatever is comfortable for you, be sure to take a 10-second rest after every 20-second session.
- Push-Ups – Sure you see men doing them often and maybe find them daunting. They are a good toning exercise for the arms and legs.
- Bicycles – Even more daunting than push-ups, bicycles do not only exercise the abdomen but the thighs as well. Those legs “pedalling” in motion can sure make you sweat buckets at the same time.
- Squats – This will address those saggy butts as well the thighs and the hips. When you’re doing the squats be sure to pull-in your tummy muscles to maximize results.
- Lunges – These are a great way to work many muscles at the same time. Aside from the butt, lunges tone the muscles at the front and back legs.
- Biking – If you have a stationary bike at home, biking is a good way to tone your butts as well a good cardio work-out. Better yet, take advantage of the fresh air and ride a real bike outside.
- Running – Running is another cardio exercise that can do wonders to the butt. On a treadmill, you can vary the speed and inclination to simulate running outdoors on a hill. This will really maximize toning effect on your butt.
- Biceps And Triceps Exercises Using Free Weights – Essential for toning the arms and getting rid of flabs, you can use barbells and dumb bells to do this.
- Stretching And Flexibility Exercises – Extending your muscles through these types of exercises can be a great way to tone a large group of muscles. Think Yoga or Tai-chi, they also help you burn calories and are known to reduce stress.
Terry has an extensive background in Cardio health. He frequently writes for numerous fitness and sports publications. Terry has designed several smart Cardio workout plans which have turned the sedentary lifestyle of his clients active within a short time. His expert Cardio advice has helped many to shed the extra fat and keep in top shape.
Leave a comment